**Spoiler Alert--Updated information is is purple!
1. I am a tea drinker. Hot tea, iced tea, I love them all...as long as it's fresh brewed! I believe I have now developed a slight addiction to the caffeine, because if I don't have iced tea at lunch or dinner, I start to get a headache! It's what keeps me goin'!
2. I broke my ankle sliding into home. I played on a traveling tournament softball team throughout my high school years. We were playing at a tournament in Frederick, MD when it happened. I was on third base and the catcher overthrew the ball trying to make a play at second. I decided to go for the steal. Apparently the center fielder was doing a good job as backup and the play was closer than I thought, so I decided to slide. The catcher was crowding the plate and I slid right into her gear and snapped my ankle. I was safe though...she dropped the ball! Needless to say my season was over for the summer!
**This is the lie! I did play tournament softball, but did not break my leg! I did, however, bruise my ribs and have a bad accident involving a softball to the mouth...I think a broken leg might have been better!
3. I do not like to cook. It takes too long, I'm not good at it, and it truly makes me feel exhausted. I am always in awe of those that can just throw some ingredients together and whip something up. I need step-by-step directions with exact measurements and times. I remember trying to get my mom's recipe for BBQ when I was going into college, and since she doesn't use any measurements, I wrote down "a softball sized hunk of beef!" Ha!
1. I got lost in an underwater cave. When I was 12, I had saved up enough money to take SCUBA diving lessons. (I had, and still have, a serious passion for the ocean.) I was testing out at a local quarry with a group of guys much older and much more experienced. We we're exploring a part of the quarry at about 25' under when we pushed in to a cave. My dive master took one too many turns - and we quickly got turned around. Thankfully, with some quick thinking from a third/fourth diver, we were able to follow an underwater light which allowed us to get out.
**This is the lie! I did get my SCUBA Diving certification when I was 12, however, we did not get lost when we entered a small cave.
2. I started my school's swim team. When I started teaching in 2005, our school had swimmers interested in organizing in to a competitive team. The biggest hurdle, however, was that we didn't have a swimming pool. Regardless, we went to board meetings, met with the athletic director, and swam our inaugural season in 2005 - 2006. Although I only coached the team for 5 year, it's one of the most competitive programs in the county.
3. I like Dawson's Creek. Yes, it's true. Much of my TV time is currently occupied with shows like Silicon Valley and John Oliver's Last Week Tonight. Every now and then, however, I like to squeeze in an episode of Dawson's. Although I wasn't a huge fan in high school, I appreciate the simplicity of the characters - AND Katie Holmes! Although I may have embellished (just a bit) on my love for Dawson's Creek, this one is true. I blame Becky for getting me into this show!
In the comment section guess which ones you think are truth and which is the lie! for both of us! After 3 days we will come back and let you know if you were right! Good luck and thanks for playing along!
Thanks to everyone who took a guess and played along! We loved reading your blogs too and enjoyed getting to know more about you! If you participated, and got the lie correct for either one of us, please take a look in our TPT Store and pick a product that's $4 or less. Email us your choice at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll send it to you! :)
Becky & Greg